Wed 06 05 2013
The 1.2 release of Everest has been hardened and contains several changes to increase the stability and reliability of several Everest components
Everest Core Enhancements
- Creation of EverestSerializerFormatAttribute on the WCF connector. This allows developers to simply add Everest classes to WCF service contracts and the WCF system will use Everest as the serialization engine.
- Better reporting of exceptions generated from ParseXSIType
- Allow the casting of System.Uri instances directly to a TEL
- Introduction of ValidateEx function which reports detailed errors with datatypes. These errors are returned in DataTypeValidationResultDetails with more detail about the errors that were found in the data type instance
- Support for the elements in the Web.Config section of WCF services used by Everest
- FormatterUtil program which can be used on a generated RMIM class to create formatter helper classes, greatly increasing formatter performance
- Reorganization of many of the Datatype R1 formatter helpers
- XML Its 1 Formatters now have Graph and parse methods marked virtual allowing for easy overriding.
- Deprecated methods in XmlIts1Formatter were reorganized and removed
- Support for compiling Java artifacts (class and JARs)
- Support for generating JavaDocs directly from GPMR
- Support for generating Windows Phone and Silverlight 4 assemblies from GPMR