Getting Started with Clinical Document Types
fieranmason@gmail.com
#1 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 3:09:26 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello Everest Community,

This looks like an amazing tool - thanks to all the people at Mohawk for their hard work. I am just getting started on a commercial project out on the west coast doing an EMR import/export. I am trying to figure out how to select ... or generate .... a document type that will work for me. I have a specific HL7 V3 CDA standard to adhear to and I'm wondering how the three ClinicalDocument types that are part of Everest came to be.

I have found three document types through intellisense in VS 2012 -
MARC.Everest.RMIM.UV.CDAr2.POCD_MT000040UV
MARC.Everest.RMIM.UV.NE2008.RCMR_MT000001UV02;
MARC.Everest.RMIM.UV.NE2010.RCMR_MT000001UV02;

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks again for putting this together.

Fieran
justin.fyfe1
#2 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 3:53:36 PM(UTC)

Medals: Mobile Tech Grasshopper: Mobile Tech GrasshopperHealth Informatics MVP

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hello Fieran,

Thanks for your comment, it is always good to hear how the toolkit is being used in industry!

The ClinicalDocument structure you're looking for is in MARC.Everest.RMIM.UV.CDAr2.POCD_MT000040UV. There is a (small) sample installed in the install directory:

{Program Files}\Mohawk College\Everest\samples\Guide\Samples.Everest.ClinicalDocuments.CdaConstruction

From our experience, the best way to do CDA templates with Everest is to create a series of helper methods that create your sections / entries. We've had some success doing this with BPPC and XDS-SD documents with jEverest.

Cheers
-Justin
1 user thanked justin.fyfe1 for this useful post.
fieranmason@gmail.com on 7/9/2013(UTC)
fieranmason@gmail.com
#3 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 5:36:09 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks so much Justin,

It is nice to see such a responsive forum. I understand that the gmpr tool can be used to generate classes from MIF files. I presume that the ones used to generate the everest framework ... or the autogenerated components at least ... were the CDA MIFs? If so does this mean that if I am using a CDA derived spec that I will not have new MIFs to rely on but should default to the general CDA MIFs?

Thanks
Fieran
justin.fyfe1
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 2:32:06 PM(UTC)

Medals: Mobile Tech Grasshopper: Mobile Tech GrasshopperHealth Informatics MVP

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
You are correct that GPMR is used to generate the RMIM assemblies, and the CDA "MIF" files were used to generate the CDA classes in Everest.

I put "MIF" in quotes as there technically isn't a MIF for CDA generally available. What we did in Everest is generate the MIF file using the Visio diagrams and then run that generated MIF through the GPMR processor to render the classes. This generation was done on the newest version of CDA available at the time (which was still R2) so I think you should be fine as far standards implementation goes. If your jurisdiction has customized the XSDs for CDA (i.e. added stuff on top of the CDA spec other than templates) then you'll have to extend the RMIM classes in C# code annotating the classes to match the changed XSD (Everest 1.2.2 can do this by simple extension).

Cheers
-Justin
1 user thanked justin.fyfe1 for this useful post.
fieranmason@gmail.com on 7/9/2013(UTC)